Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My proposal for your Summer Breakfast:

A few months ago I bought an amazing Almwiesenmuesli (= MOUNTAIN PASTURE MUESLI). Beautiful to look at, in a bottle, with dried yellow and blue  mountain pasture blossoms  between grains and roasted nuts.. I know you understand me, I just had to buy it because it looked fresh and healthy (still colours are reason enough to buy something!...)


We all know this: too often nicely coloured food looks better than it tastes. NOT THE ALM MÜSLI! It tasted so good that when I had finished the original Muesli bottle I decided to buy all the ingredients and assemble my own slightly improved  (additional choco chips!) version.  





Intrigued?? This is the recipe:

Almwiesenmuesli

3 cups of oat flakes 
3 cups of wheat-barley-buckwheat flakes
1cup of amaranth poppies
1/2 cup of green raisins
1/4 cup of hazelnuts, chopped and roasted
1/4 cup of almonds, chopped and roasted
1/4 cup of pine nuts, roasted
1/4 cup of apricot nuts, chopped and roasted
1/4 cup of cedar nuts, roasted
1/4 cup of pumkin seeds, roasted
1/4 cup of psyllium
1/4 a cup of chocolate chips
and not to forget: some dried, edible flowers . If you shouldn't have the possibility right now to harvest your own mountain pasture flowers, take flowers from your garden or get some from the wholefood shop.

Put all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix well. To store I recommend  a high glass jar or a paperbag.

For breakfast fill a handful of Muesli into a bowl, add a bit of hot water to smoothen it, add half a grated apple or pear, a teaspoon of flaxseed or a teaspoon of flaxseed oil (for the culmination of positive effects) and voilà: the perfect healthy summer breakfast. Of course, you may substitute my finishing proposals by milk, yoghurt, fruit juice or whatever you prefer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment