Monday, March 07, 2011

#1 Blue Champagne

The first Cocktail to be presented is neither the Margarita, nor the Mojito, nor the Cosmopolitan.... it is the Blue Champagne!








































If you wonder how I aquired my broad knowledge of cocktail mixing and alike  I blush and tell you some invented anecdotes from my past  before I admit, that the secret lies in Charles Schumann's Bar book.


I remember a BLUE CHAMPAGNE we tried out once with unexpected consequences. Since then it has become a terrific help when we have guests who haven't met before or are suffering from a laming shyness or from a bad case of political correctness.





How to mix:

1 cl        lemon juice
dashes  Triple Sec
dashes   Curacao Blue
3 cl        Gin or Vodka
and Champagne

Shake in a shaker with ice cubes, strain in champagne glasses, fill up with champagne. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha too funny: "a terrific help when we have guests who haven't met before or are suffering from a laming shyness or from a bad case of political correctness" . I love your writing, soo entertaining!

    ReplyDelete