Friday, August 02, 2013

strawberry crumble

































strawberry crumble

strawberries ( blueberries, peaches, apricots.....)


3 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour (I used coconut flour)
a pinch of fine sea salt
3/4 cup coconut or safflower oil
3/4 cup rice syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts

I got the idea and ingredients for this recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet, but my motivation to make the crumble was so urgent, that I did not read the instructions and created an entirely different "crumble", actually much closer to the German "Streusel". Therefore I want to encourage you, just as I did, to be very liberal with Alicia's instructions (to find here), and of course the suggested quantities and measurements may be adjusted to your pleasing.


Combine the fruit and the crumble in a baking pan. Bake it in the oven  at 180° until the fruit bubbles and the crumble turns golden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment